Re: Scanning Slides under FC[123]

Brian Fahrlander wrote:

   I have a great number of slides slowly decaying in their storage
area.  I guess I could put'em on a flat-bed and take my chances, but
since I don't have a scanner now, maybe I should look into buying a
slide-scanner.

   Are these things generally like a regular scanner in terms of
installation, or do they use funky USB mechanisms?  Anyone have
experience with something like this?

I use a Epson 3170 for that. It is reasonably priced and has a build-in transparency light build-in in the lid.
Works fine on linux with the Epson-Kowa scanning program.
The program is GPL except for the firmware blob that the driver uploads to the scanner at startup.