Re: Help Configuring Samba

Stormblaze wrote:

# service smb status
smbd (PID 4766 4759) wird ausgeführt...
nmbd (PID 4763) wird ausgeführt...

make sure that your smbd- and "nmbd"-services are running

"master browser" "nmbd.log"

in the nmbd.log you should have an entry about an master-browser this can take a while, ca. 10 minutes ?

# tail -f /var/log/samba/*
==> /var/log/samba/nmbd.log <==

 Samba name server XP1800 is now a local master browser for workgroup
MYGROUP on subnet 192.168.101.20

 *****
[2004/11/10 18:57:50, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:become_local_master_stage2(396)
 *****

 Samba name server XP1800 is now a local master browser for workgroup
MYGROUP on subnet 192.168.2.11

Shrek I don't understand what you're trying to tell me.

make sure that all your clients are in the same workgroup your XP-user exist in the /etc/samba/smbpasswd you have disabled the XP-firewall for your lan in your smb.conf your_share_section you should evtl. have "browseable = yes" and you should evtl. remove "username = nobody"

and you could try in the global-section
"hosts allow = <your_subnet>"
"encrypt passwords = yes"

--