Re: can't boot after upgrade

On 11/09/2004 12:40:29 PM, James Mckenzie wrote:

Switch to the /mnt/sysimage/var/lock
directory and make sure there is a subsys directory. If it is NOT
there, create it. If it IS there, switch to the directory and remove
the files mentioned above. It is my suspecion that the directory does
not exist as I had a similar problem and adding the missing directory
cleared the problem (this was with FC2 for a direct upgrade from RH9).

Yeah - I don't know why Fedora/RH doesn't create necessary directories at the very beginning if they don't exist. /var/lock and /var/run are two cases where they should create needed subdirectories - some people run those on tmpfs, which means their contents are always deleted completely on reboot.