Re: Perl errors

>> I am interested in this one too for FC2.  Executes fine at the CLI but
>> Apache won't touch it other than displaying the target script instead of
>> executing it.  I've tried httpd.conf directives and .htaccess setting
>> +ExecCGI to no avail...must be some little permissions switch but I
cannot
>> seem to trace it...anyone have a suggestion?
>>
>> -Eucke

> Does no Perl work or your own code? without providing any useful
> information (like code or which public available program you try to use
> and the according error_log entries) no real answer can be given. And
> what specific Apache configuration do you use? The cgi scripts are
> displayed as source implies a broken httpd.conf setup.
>
> Alexander

Alexander, if I place the script I am chasing under the /var/www/cgi-bin and
do a symbolic link Apache will definitely execute the script and it works.
Even doing a <Directory> container for the directory I want to execute perl
scripts in does not work so it seems like am AllowOveride somewhere is
killing CGI execution in any directory but /var/www/cgi-bin.  I will
continue chasing there...but suggestions are gladly received.  ;-)

Brian, try doing what I did...place the script in /var/www/cgi-bin, adjust
the permissions and ownership as needed and Sym Link it to where you want it
in where your pages are served from.  I bet it will work...I'd bet we're
chasing the same issue here.

-Eucke