glibc version problem: What are my options?

I have a problem with a program that I can't get to run on FC2. I turn to you for furter guidance; it seems like you know a thing or two...;-)

Pardon me for the long explanation, but I feel it nescessay.

The program I want to run is Rational Rose for Unix(and Linux, it's made to run on both), and granted, it's officially supported only on Red Hat 6.2, 7.0, 7.1and 7.2 (x86). I have installed it, seemingly without problems, as root. As I try to run the program (as root, Users don't work yet), after it has set up fonts, it prints the error message at the end of this post and aborts.

I have looked around on the net in various fora, and what I think is the problem is that rose espects a version of glibc that has a table containing symbols like errno and others. apparently those tables were replaced with some other means for passing these values to glibc clients. I might be wrong, but this is where I'm at now.

If this is the correct problem, I would like to know how to circumvent it, if possible without affecting the system or other apps.

Is it possible to install a second version of the libraries that only apps that require it know exist?

If I do need to revert to an older library, how do I do it, and how far back need I go? What would I loose?

With hope,
Frode Petersen

Rose for UNIX/Linux v2003.06.00 (installed as root) Fedora Core 2 kernel 2.6.8-1.521 /lib/libc-2.3.3.so

Error message:
/opt/rational//releases/rose.2003.06.00/i386_linux2/bin/rjavarelay: relocation error: /opt/rational//releases/rose.2003.06.00/mw/lib-linux_optimized/libkernel32.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
/opt/rational//releases/rose.2003.06.00/i386_linux2/bin/rose_exe: relocation error: /opt/rational//releases/rose.2003.06.00/mw/lib-linux_optimized/libkernel32.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference