FTP Server Configuration

I'm looking for a little advice on ftp configurations for a public ftp
server I need to setup, basically I want to set it up so that each user
has there own login and can look into there home directory and some
shared areas but not into each others home areas or even see that they
exist.

Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance

Richard