Thank you for this information. I downloaded the files and will set them up sometime soon. I'm dealing with a different problem concerning suspend/standby with an IBM A22p.
Paul Howarth wrote:
On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 06:30, D. D. Brierton wrote:
On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 05:10, James McKenzie wrote:
Is the Torrent incorporated with FC, or is it something that I have to get at another location? If the latter applies, how about a source?
BitTorrent client software for Windows and Mac is available here:
Client software for FC2 is available from here:
I've got RPMs for RH9, FC1 and FC2 at http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/bittorrent/
Also available there (for FC2 only) is a useful little program called GTorrentViewer that will show you information about a torrent, such as how many people are seeding it (have full copies); torrents without seeds are best avoided as you can spend a long time downloading 90% of a distro and then find that nobody has a copy of the remaining 10%.
On Windows and Mac you'll have to ask elsewhere, as I don't use those platforms. On FC download a suitable BitTorrent RPM such as the one above and install it. If you're not using FC2 then use google to find a BitTorrent RPM for whatever distro you are using. Then when FC3 comes out find the link on the download page to the torrent file, which will be a file ending with the suffix *.torrent. Download the *.torrent file (it's only small) with your browser. In a terminal, cd to the directory you downloaded the *.torrent file to and then issue the following command:
replacing <torrentname> with the actual name of the torrent file.
Alternatively you can have the BitTorrent client get the torrent file for you:
btdownloadcurses.py --url http://www.example.com/xyz.torrent
I find it useful to limit the upload rate so that there is still some bandwidth left for mail, web access etc. (I only have a 512/256 kbit DSL line):
btdownloadcurses.py --responsefile xya.torrent --max_upload_rate 20
The upload rate is specified in kilobytes per second.