Re: Problems with NFS

Hi Jose,

Will need a little more information..

Do you have the service starting automatically on boot, or do you do it by hand?

When it is broken, what do you do to fix it?

When it's been fixed, have you done an lsof -i -n to ensure that the service is listening? How about a "showmount -e localhost" on the host to see if it can see it locally?

No iptables issues or anything?

What version of NFS?

Sorry for all the questions.. just trying to think of what it could be.

Jose Rafael Carrero Leon (jrcl00@xxxxxxxxx) composed today:

Hi,

I have a machine running in FC2 acting as a NFS server, sometimes the
machine goes down for an unknown reason, when the machine starts
again, and start the server, the clients can't mount the filesystems
and keeps telling me that the server is down.

Why? i've tried everything i though could solve the problem but the
error keeps popping out.

--
netmask