Re: Dare I ask the question?

Timothy Payne wrote:
I came into FC2 about 1/2 way through, so had no problem getting the
ISO's or updates.  For you that have gone through FC1 then FC2, how long
before the dust settles as I assume the servers will get slammed when
it's released for at least the first week.  Then there will be a Ooops
we forgot to do X from Red Hat.  So wait 2 maybe 4 weeks?

Hi Tim,

I think BitTorrent is quite active soon after release date. And because it's network based in stead of server based, you could be downloading earlier than 2 - 3 weeks after release.

The download just takes a little longer, other than that there is no downside. And if you leave your machine open, others will profit too.

Also, I'm not quite sure how the BitTorrent gets started (but it always does).

I wait after the download a week or so, for the initial problems to subside.

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)