Re: Setting up SMTP?

Ow Mun Heng wrote:
On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 15:33, Paul Howarth wrote:
My MSA doesn't relay via my ISP except for certain domains that won't
accept mail directly from my (static) DSL connection. I could if I
wanted to have all outgoing mail relayed via the ISP though.

Which means??(what?)

Evo->MSA(port587)->MX? (or it forwards to your MTA on port 25?)

Evo->MSA(port587)->MX

or, for domains that don't accept mail directly from my MX (currently only msn.com):

Evo->MSA(port 587)->ISP-Mail-Relay->MX

This routing is specified by a mailertable entry for msn.com.

Nowadays with the SPF and RBL list etc.. sending out directly to the MX
is a bit of a pain.  I know.. I know.. I should use the ISP's relay.

My SPF record says I send mail from my own IP, and mail from my ISP's mail server should be treated as "neutral" (same as if I didn't publish SPF). I have a static IP address so I'm not in any of the dynamic IP lists.

Paul.