Re: Permissions for mounted NTFS drive

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:08:41 -0400, Jacob L E Blain Christen
<dweomer+fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark Knights wrote:
> > Can anyone give me a foolproof way for these drives to be mounted on
> > startup and allow full access to all users?
>
> Dunno bout a foolproof way to mount your ntfs drives but that line
> is for command line, not fstab.  to get the fstab equivalent:
>
> /dev/hda1 /mnt/win1  ntfs  ro,umask=0222 0 0

You can also add options to set the owner and group ids of the
partition.  For instance, if you want the partition to be owned by
500:users (500 is first user by default) you can make the line read:

/dev/hda1 /mnt/win1  ntfs  ro,gid=100,uid=500,umask=0222 0 0

and in this case, you could set the umask to something more
restrictive, like 0227 if all users who needed access to the partition
are in the users group, which I don't think is the default in FC2.
Each user gets put into their own group, so you probably would keep
the 0222 umask.

Jonathan