Mobility Radeon 9000 roll back driver

Hi there,

Up until now, I was using the standard Fedora Core 2 "radeon" driver for my mobility 9000. It was working fine, but I decided that I'd give the official ATI driver a go. After installing it, and not being satisfied with the results, I decided to roll back the driver to the original Fedora Core 2. After having done this:

rpm -e fglrx

and having restored /ect/X11/xorg.conf to the one I had before I tried the ATI driver, my fedora driver works, but seems very very slow. That must mean that the ATI installation driver touched some files that affected the performance of the original Fedora driver. Does anyone know how to get back to the original, out-of-the-box configuration that came with Fedora and that was working very well? I'd rather avoid reinstalling the whole OS if possible.

Thanks very much!

Carles