Problems with system-config-packages

All:

After installing FC2, I found a few packages I want to remove. However, when I run the Add/Remove Packages application (actually a front for system-config-packages), I get to the finding tree in checking package status. I then get a pop-up box that states that "/mnt/cdrom" does not appear to be a valid installation source. I do have a mount point with FC2 disk 1 at /mnt/cdrom and I still get the error. How do I fix this error and what happened to cause it.

BTW, with my first installation of FC2, I made the /usr partition too small and the installation failed. I resized the / and /usr partitions and the installation appeared to complete successfully. I really don't want to try and install FC2 again as FC3 is 'just around the corner'.

Thank you.

James McKenzie