Re: Setting up SMTP?

Shane Presley wrote:
> I just installed Fedora, and installed Big Brother for network
> monitoring.  This is my first time setting up linux, so sorry for a
> newbie question.
>
> I need the server to have SMTP running, so that users in our network
> can send e-mails to the server, which will fire off a script to deal
> with the e-mail.  For example an admin wants to acknowledge an alert,
> he sends mail to bb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Initially SMTP wasn't running on my box.  So I just ran
> /etc/rc3.d/S80sendmail start.

Before you go too much further: many people find Postfix easier to
administer than Sendmail. (They are alternative MTAs, "SMTP servers", if
you will).

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "If you make everything a life and death proposition
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | you're going to have problems.  For one thing, you'll