Re: can I sell fedora?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
... must ... not ... criticize ... top posting ... :-)

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, dyzelinis wrote:

Yes, that is exactly to the point! I want my friend company to sell
Fedora to me, and I will get tax refund, and I can share that refund
with my friend. Our law says, that I will get tax refund, when I by
new OS software. With Windows, SUSE and other comercial OS'es
everything is fine, because someone sells the software and I can buy
it.

does the word "kickback" mean anything to you?  this seems to be
dangerously close to tax fraud, if you agree to purchase something at
an unrealistically high price for the tax benefits, only to kick back
some of those benefits to the supplier.

*NOTICE* IANAL! This sounds exactly like tax fraud! He wants to claim to have spent some amount of money for this OS on his taxes, when in fact he has spent nothing. He then wants to split that savings with the "person" who may (or may not have) actually "supplied" him with the OS for no cost to him. Sounds like a combination of tax fraud and money laundering to me. But, then again, I Am Not A Lawyer....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx