Re: OT-Linux Certification Advice

On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 13:54, Tony Wynn wrote:
> All,
>
> I've been following the list for awhile now and would like to ask
> advice/opinions on which Linux certification I should pursue.  Specifically,
> there is a college nearby which offers classes for the Sair Linux and GNU
> Certified Administrator LCA certification.  Anyone heard of it or have any
> opinions?  Should I go for the RHCE?  I would like to eventually become a
> Sys Admin, so if any of you have opinions on which certification would be
> most beneficial, I would appreciate any and all ideas.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony

Real easy answer - go to your favorite job board (i.e. monster.com.
dice.com, etc.) and do a search for RHCE.  Then do a search for Sair.
Then do a search for LPI.

I think you'll find that the US market is looking for RHCEs more than
anything else as far as Linux certs go.

Having said that, I will admit to being biased.

Thomas Cameron, RHCE, CNE, MCSE, MCT