From: "James Mckenzie" <jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: FC2-i386-disc1.iso

> Jeffery:
>
> Can you boot to the mediacheck screen?  If so, check the disk.  If you
cannot, run winmd5 against the .iso and check it against the md5sum values
available at the fedora site.  They must match.  It is possible to get a
corrupt download, burn the image and read the disk in one or two machines
and cause problems with others.
> I suggest redownloading the .iso image and reburning the CD.  As a further
suggestion, I always do initial burns to RW media in case I got a bad image
file and need to retrieve it a second (and third..) time.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/iso/FC2-i386-