Re: Problem burning CDs

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 20:07 -0400, Filippos Klironomos wrote:

> > cdrecord: Illegal write mode for this drive.
> > cdrecord: Drive does not support TAO recording.
> >

> This usually means what it sais. As the software develops so will the
> error messages as well. Since more modes are supported it wll become
> more picky.
>
> So could you please do a
>
> cdrecord -scanbus
>
> or
>
> cdrecord -scanbus -dev=ATAPI
>
> if you have an ATAPI CD drive?
>
> Then next time you try to burn something with cdrecord use the '-v'
> flag to get excessive reporting and post it here so we can see what
> cdrecord thinks of your CD drive.

Thanks, I downloaded a gui and found that I had to tell it to
use /dev/hdd and then it worked. Was something upgraded that changed
settings on me? As I said, it had worked before. Anyway, I resolved it,
I am not at work, so I don't know what the program was, but it helped to
resolve it.
I think I will have to go into cdrecord.conf and tell it to use default
device /dev/hdd. It is set in there to default device is /dev/cdrom. The
CDW is /dev/cdrom1 though.