Re: FLAME____ Why is the kernel source not included

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 01:24:26PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Humm, and if Ken is pissing about FC3T3 (he never said), he is
> correct, the srcs are NOT on the dvd I just burnt yesterday.

True FC3T3 is bigger than one DVD.  Sources are on other ISOs.

Note also that some renaming and repackaging of kernel source is in
play.  Those that want to rebuild the kernel from scratch will need a
different rpm and process than was used in FC2.  Those that want to
link a driver (nVidia) may not need to install an extra package.

On first glance kernel source is packages the same as any
other source, tar ball, RH patches and all.

Some of this is 'late breaking news' so there will be some confusion.
I would include specific steps, clues, and rpm names  but ...
I may be fully confused.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	May your cup runneth over with goodness and mercy