Re: GAIM produces 100s of children

Chris Ruprecht wrote:

Hi all,

I'm running Gaim 1.0.0-0 FC2 under FC2. When started under GNOME, it
seems to create 100s of child processes. They don't die, when I quit
GAIM, but hang around and keep me signed in. I had to reboot the machine
yesterday to get rid of the processes - that's not quite UNIX-like, it's
almost like being on a Windoze machine ;).

All GAIM child processes were based on process 1, not the parent GAIM
process (as if they run with 'nohup').

I have not observed this behavior under KDE. Any ideas anybody?

Best regards,
Chris

Same GAIM version works for me under gnome on FC2 with latest updates. Only one process for gaim, and it also has ppid of 1.

I'm only using the aim server(s), are you using other IM backends?

Chris

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021