From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of John Hodrien
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 4:51 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: ghosted - 80gb to 36gb

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, david wrote:

> hi all
> i have ghosted fedora two from an 80gb to a 36gb with nortons 2003
> ghost. all seemed to be ok in the ghosting, i saw it partition then
> transfer the data recognising it as linux
> problem is that when i boot now the 36gb all that comes on the screen in
> capital letters is GRUB
> nothing else happens
> ok please be kind and slow down in your explaining how to fix the drive
> to boot successfully, i dont know much

Assuming the filesystem is fine, I suspect GRUB's just got a bit annoyed
that
bits of itself have moved.  Boot off the CD in rescue mode, chroot
/mnt/sysimage (or wherever it puts it now), and run grub-install /dev/hda or
wherever your booted disk is, and it should spring back to life.

HTH,

jh

--
"It is the final proof of God's omnipotence that he need not exist in order
  save us."                                           -- Peter De Vries