Re : make modules_install : unknown symbols

Hello,

I downloaded linux kernel 2.6.8.1 from kernel.org and proceeded to
compile and install it.

The compilation is somewhat different than with the 2.4 kernels I'm more
accustomed to.

Everything seems to go well enough (although make gconfig didn't work)
until
make modules_install

After much installation followed by much reflection, depmod reports
rafts and rafts of unknown symbols.

I seem to have taken a basic misstep somewhere and would appreciate
being put back on track.

This is with Fedora 2.

--
John Francis Lee <jfl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>