Moving out Mac

About a year ago I purchased a PowerBook in hopes of "easing" my way away from Windows and onto a UNIX platform. Well, I recently threw FC2 on my Toshiba laptop and now I want to get rid of the PowerBook. There are, however, a few items that I have gotten used to and do not want to live without. I am hoping someone can give me some pointers as to where to start... maybe recommend some apps.

The top things I would like to be able to do with FC2 that I can do with my PowerBook...

1. BLUETOOTH SYNC
I have a Sony T610 cell phone. I use BlueTooth to sync my calendar (iCal) and my Address Book on a daily basis.

2. IPOD & ITUNES
My 40GB iPod is almost filled to capacity with legit songs from iTunes. It connects via FireWire. Now, my Toshiba does not have FireWire and I do have a copy of VMWare. I assume that the only way to keep iTunes and my iPod is to use the Windows version via USB through VMWare. I hope there is a better way to do this.

3. QUICKEN
I have looked at the "Cash" program (not sure of the complete name) that ships with FC2 several times and it basically sucks. Is there a quality personal finance program out there for Linux? I do not mind paying for it.

4. KONFABULATOR
This is a very cool third-party app that allows users to have "widgets" hovering on their desktop to provide various functions. A few that I use constantly is a graphical weather forcasting widget, a connection widget to show all of the my active connectiond and protocols, an IP meter to show my external IP, and a few others. Is there anything like Konfabulator for Linux?

5. PROTOOLS
Okay, I know this is REALLY pushing it, but how about ProTools and Logic. I use them both on my Mac. I realize I cannot take them with me, but are there any professional quality applications out there for MIDI and hi-end recording?

I realize this is pushing it. But, the more info I can find, the better.

Thanx,
Ryan

</x-tad-smaller>Tired of spam? Signup for a FREE SpamJammer.Com account and say goodbye to junk email forever!