Re: How to change screen resolution using shell command.

Hi,

Thanks very much for all of your responses to my
question. I tried the command:

        redhat-config-xfree86  --reconfig

and it works. I actually need to use the reconfig
option as David Norris suggested.

Again, thanks for all of your suggestions.

--david le.

--- David L Norris <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 14:59 -0700, David Le wrote:
> > I accidentally changed my display's resolution to
> > number that is higher than the one my Sony 17" LCD
> > monitor can support.
>
> If your video card and monitor support multiple
> resolutions then you can
> temporarily change the screen resolution with:
>   control alt -
>   control alt +
>
> Or, as others have suggested, you can login to a
> text console (control
> alt F1) and run redhat-config-xfree86 (or
> system-config-display on FC2).
>
> You may need to use the reconfig option:
>   redhat-config-xfree86  --reconfig
>
> --
>  David Norris
>   http://www.webaugur.com/dave/