Re: DVD on Fedora

David Mamanakis wrote:
I have spent the better part of 2 days looking for a viable DVD player for
Fedora...
I found 4 or 5 of them, but none are "simple" (at least to this Linux
NeoNate)....

What I need is a simple DVD player...simple to install, and will play any DVD
I put in the machine...
Or
Give me detailed instructions, a web site with detailed instructions, and let
me have at it...

Where do I unpack the files, run the make or other command to build it, where
does it install to, etc...

Thanks much for all your help! (and patients)

--E

xine, ogle, mplayer all work.

Configure your yum.conf file as posted in various messages (search the archives) and type in yum install (package). Configure your player to find your DVD player and go to town.

I run all three and each has their own benefits and preferences. I normally run from command line so I find I use mplayer more. With xine, you can have a nice graphical interface that looks like a DVD player.

I haven't used Ogle in months.

-- Robin Laing