up2date Proxy Configuration

Hello everyone,

I'm having a weird problem running up2date with a proxy. If I configure the
proxy using:  up2date --configure  and I enter the proxy in the format:
host:ip-number and I run up2date it doesn't work.  It simply hangs (the
little window showing the retrieving of headers stays there). However, If I
(on the shell) export the variable http_proxy and I assign the proper value
for it and then I run up2date there...it works fine. So, my question is: why
is just considering the value for http_proxy (envirionment variable) and not
the one I configured for it using "up2date --configure" ?

Thanks for the help.
Jorge