RE: Fedora Core 2 boot problems

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 10:30, Darren Coleman wrote:
> Forgot to mention - CPU is an AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" 1.33Ghz, not
> overclocked - BIOS has default settings.
>
> Daz
>
> (PS.  Am I breaking any etiquette rules by top-posting?)

Darren,

(PS.  Am I breaking any etiquette rules by top-posting?)

Probably...  But on to the important stuff.

Try removing some of your memory.  Maybe back it down to 512MB.
Possibly rearranging/reseating the SIMMs might also help.

Also, memtest on the rescue CD, may shed some light, if there is a
memory problem.  From what I've seen on the list memtest should be run
for a long time if no immediate problems are detected.

Bob...