Re: what's tyhe first, and what's the last

fellons wrote:
the installation of FC2 on my pc have many problems.
I work and play with my new operating system, but I must close the
eyes when boot, when start X and never watch mails and logs.

I hope, with little steps to adjust all, but I foresee many efforts.

The errors:
-------------
by mail sended by LogWatch:
- error: stat of /var/log/ppp/connect-errors failed: No such file or directory

This is fixed by the errata version of the ppp package. Make sure you have installed all of the updates for Fedora Core 2.

- **Unmatched Entries**
   STARTTLS=server: file /etc/mail/certs/cert.pem unsafe: No such file
or directory: 1 Time(s)

See http://www.joreybump.com/code/howto/smtpauth.html

by messages log:
Sep  8 19:39:45 home modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command
for sound_slot_0
Sep  8 19:39:45 home modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command
for sound_slot_0
Sep  8 19:39:45 home modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command
for sound_slot_1
Sep  8 19:39:45 home modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command
for sound_slot_1
Sep  8 19:39:46 home modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command
for sound_slot_0

Do you have a sound card?

on boot:
- not start eth0 initialization (I don't remember exactly phrase)

Exact messages are needed for diagnostic. Try looking in /var/log/boot.log

on X boot:
- Error when inizializing sound driver

Do you have a sound card? What sort is it?

on /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth0 :
- this file blink and appear red, but is empty (???)

Do you have a network card?

The Question :
Where I must to concentrate my attention by the first ?
What's the biggest problem ?

None of these are big problems if you have no sound and no network.

Regards, Paul.