Re: NTP syncing

--On Wednesday, September 22, 2004 8:03 PM -0400 Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Try running ntptrace to your Verizon-supplied DNS servers and to
your gateway. One of them may have decent time.

My gateway *is* my router, and ntptrace is silent until it errors out:

[root@coyote root]# ntptrace 199.45.32.43
199.45.32.43: timed out, nothing received
***Request timed out

I can ping it is all.

I meant the router on their end of the wire. But it looks like you don't have any ntp on nearby routers. (I tracerouted to the above address and then ntptraced the last few entries.)

BTW, you might bring this up on the NTP newsgroup. You might find fellow Verizon users there who've been down this path.