Re: Time difference between Win98 and Fedora

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 22:03, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Jeff Vian wrote:

A couple of years ago a laptop running windows 2000 was having problems
keeping the correct time.  Not sure why but it seemed that the time
would change by one hour sometimes but not others.  I figured it had to
do with the day light savings time settings.

The resolved this problem by running a program called automacron.  It
was an NTP like utility written for windows.  This would reset the clock
correctly when the system was booted.

As others have said trying to resolve this any other way is futile.

Since then I have reloaded the laptop with FC2 and have not run windows
on it since.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable.
		-- John Kenneth Galbraith