Re: What is SELinux targeted policy?

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 15:35, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> When FC2 was released we attempted to add the NSA strict policy to the
> operating system.

Daniel, could you wrap your lines a little shorter? It seems to be set
at nearly 100 characters now.

> We decided at that point to take a step back and go with a strategy
> where we would lock down
> a few daemons with SELinux and allow the rest of the system to run in
> the same manner with
> or without SELinux.  Targeted policy was born.

Will targeted policy be the default for FC3?

> Strict policy is still available but will be not be installable
> directly,  you can use selinux-config-securitylevel to turn it on
> and relabel the file system.

Perhaps that might be best changed to "system-config-selinux" for
consistency? I frequently type "system-config-<TAB>" to find useful
sysadmin commands and I'd miss that one without ever knowing.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Simpaticus.com