Re: Time difference between Win98 and Fedora

Jeff Vian wrote:

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 06:30, Hairysocks wrote:

I have a dual-boot PC and notice that I can't get the time
correct on both Win98 and Fedora. When the Win98 time is correct
then the time on Fedora is one hour ahead.

I'm sure its got something to do with British Summer Time / GMT,
and that we are currently in BST, but I can't see how to get it
correct.

Can anyone help me?

Rob

IMHO, you can suffer with the difference, or do not use DST.

Windows resets system time with the daylight savings time changes (twice
a year).  Linux leaves system time alone and makes the change in
software to display DST.  When you do dual boot in an environment where
DST is used you will see this discrepancy.

I know of no way to make the two systems play nice together as relates
to time.

Or live somewhere that does not observe DST :-)
[and I hope it stays that way!]

--
Mike Jezierski - IT Engineer
Systec Conveyors - Indianapolis, IN