Re: [OT] - New virus?

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 16:59, Si Jones wrote:

> With you saying the file is sndmon32.exe, it seems like a windows
> program and without trying to be funny but this is a Fedora Linux list.
>
> I give up windows a while ago and don't really care what virus's are
> speading on that platform!!!
>
> So sorry to be negative but I think you will find that everyone else
> won't care either!
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon Jones
Actually, I fully expected to get at least one of these, from the list.
And here's my stock answer.  Yes, I am well aware it's a linux list.
I'm also well aware that _some_ people don't give a rat's hiney what
happens in the Windows world.  HOWEVER, there are a lot (and I'm one of
them) network and system administrators who use linux at work (ditto) as
well as maintain a network of tens if not hundreds of Windows boxes.
This is kind of like saying, I'm left handed and if I get gangrene in my
right hand who cares?  It's not my left and I only use my left.

And if you don't really care what happens in the Windows world and don't
have anything useful to add to my question, then don't reply to it.

Now, if someone else would like to add something, I'd be grateful (and
the ISC reply was a good start, thanks for that.), and if not, well, I
thought I'd ask.

Mark Haney
Network Administrator
InterAct Public Safety Systems
mhaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Kernel: 2.6.8-1.521 GNU/Linux