Re: FC1, USB mouse, but not through USB Hub

On Friday 17 Sep 2004 11:59 pm, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > Running FC1 with USB keyboard and mouse with no problems.
> >
> > Just bought a new desk and re-arranged wiring so that my mouse goes
> > through a USB hub first to eliminate shore wire syndrome.
> >
> > Everything still works fine in WinXP, but the mouse won't work in
> > Linux.
> >
> > Anyone got any ideas why?
>
> What does lsusb show?
>
> James.

Hi James.

I've just plugged the mouse back into the hub to run lsusb and grab the
output, but when I did, the mouse worked fine. (AFAIK I've not done
anything to fix it, just added acpi=on to the grub config to enable the
kernel to turn off the PC at shutdown)

Thanks for the offer of help anyway.

Gary

--