Re: Time difference between Win98 and Fedora

Once upon a time Tuesday 21 September 2004 6:30 am, Hairysocks wrote:
> I have a dual-boot PC and notice that I can't get the time
> correct on both Win98 and Fedora. When the Win98 time is correct
> then the time on Fedora is one hour ahead.
>
> I'm sure its got something to do with British Summer Time / GMT,
> and that we are currently in BST, but I can't see how to get it
> correct.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Rob
Did you tell your machine that the hardware clock is on GMT?  if you did thats
your problem.  Windows does not know how to handle the hardware clock being
anything but local time. use system-config-time and make sure that on the
time zone tab  that System clock uses UTC  is un ticked.

--
Dennis