Re: Time difference between Win98 and Fedora

Hairysocks wrote:
I have a dual-boot PC and notice that I can't get the time
correct on both Win98 and Fedora. When the Win98 time is correct
then the time on Fedora is one hour ahead.

I'm sure its got something to do with British Summer Time / GMT,
and that we are currently in BST, but I can't see how to get it
correct.

Can anyone help me?

If your Win98 system shows the correct time and has the timezone properly set for the UK, then your PC clock is probably running on "local time". The settings you need in /etc/sysconfig/clock should therefore be:

ZONE="Europe/London"
UTC=false
ARC=false

and your /etc/localtime should be a copy of /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London

See if that helps.

Paul.