Re: FC2 on HP Proliant Servers - drivers, etc..

Kevin F. Berrien wrote:
> Well, can you manually install the provided drivers (for enterprise RH)
> in FC2??

Not if they're kernel level drivers. RHEL 3 and previous, like FC1, are
based on Linux 2.4, while FC2 is based on Linux 2.6.

There is *no* binary-level compatibility between the two versions: even
source code has to be ported, which is not trivial.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "It took people a long time to figure out which
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | machine was doing it, and even longer to figure out