Re: FC2, Win XP and two harddisks

On or about 2004-09-20 11:16, Thomas Korsgaard whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

Hello List

I have a computer with two disks hda and hdb. I currently have Win XP
installed on hda and FC2 on hdb. Now the thing is that I don't use my
Win XP any more and I keep getting messages that the disk is full. So my
question is: How do I convert my hda so I can use it under Linux? Is there a simpel
way of formatting it and then mounting it at /mnt after wards?

Thanks
/Thomas

Use fdisk to re-partition it, then mkfs to "format" it. See the man pages for each of these programs
before using! You would probably want to make an ext3 fs.

--
Fritz Whittington
Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. (Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary)