Re: NTP syncing

Paul Howarth wrote:

Mike McMullen wrote:

Wasn't there a line:

server  127.127.1.0     # local clock

here originally?

fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 10

Cheers, Paul.

Note that is a "stupidity" of the Fedora install. When you specify an ntp server during the install, I conclude by observation that it -->replaces<-- the server 127.127.1.0 # local clock by server ...whatever server you specify during install YMMV

There's also another thread about some strangeness in
the interaction between the ntp configuration and the
iptables configuration during a standard install.

I should pursue this, but am fighting another battle
right now and it doesn't directly affect me because
I run both a very custom ntpd configuration and a very
custom iptables install.

John