Re: Auto Login mgetty

Eduardo Andrés Alfonso Sierra wrote:
I'm using mgetty to allow some users access my linux box through a
phone line, now I don't want to ask my users to login but always get
logged on a specific user account

I want to know if it's possible to configure mgetty to avoid asking
for login and password for users trying to connect but instead login
automatically as someone defined for every user trying to connect.

Thanks

p.s. I need it for compatibility purposes with client applications
already running and not plausible to change it. I will always know
previously when a user will try to connect so I can keep all my ports
disabled and enable it as needed.

SORRY IF IT'S DOUBLE POSTED, I WASN'T SURE IF IT WAS DELIVERED

If you look in the list archives, you'll see both this post:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-September/msg03414.html

and your original post:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-September/msg03326.html

That's the way to check if your post was delivered, not by double-posting - there is enough traffic on this list without double-posting (and thread hijacking, as you did with your second post).

As for your actual question, have a look at:

http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code/plugh/index.asp

That looks quite like what you're trying to do.

Regards, Paul.