Re: Squid monitoring

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 13:15, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> I've been looking for a tool that will allow for determine what IP
> address is using the squid server the most.

1st.. Please do not hijack a thread. Meaning, open an existing message,
deleting the content and the subject and writing your own. it will cause
anonyances for some ppl who read messages using threads.

How about

http://www.cineca.it/~nico/squidclients.html
(the one above didn't work for me)

http://cord.de/tools/squid/calamaris/Welcome.html
This one looks better.

# Incoming TCP-requests by host
host                               request   hit-%   Byte    hit-% sec   kB/sec
--------------------------------- --------- ------ -------- ------ ---- -------
localhost                               177  54.80   548240  12.79    3    0.88
--------------------------------- --------- ------ -------- ------ ---- -------

> I've setup the squid server on a Fedora machine, and had two of my
> classrooms running with it. Getting a 40% cache hit ratio, but the
> College MIS department didn't like it since, all the traffic from those
> labs showed up coming from the Fedora machine. They want to be
> able to check on who is using the bandwidth when it peaks.

X-Forwarded-For??

>  The
> college has had a single T1 line for almost 5 years, with no upgrade
> in bandwidth. You'd think a 40% hit ratio would be worth something
> but no. I've looked at the all the programs with squid in them, and
> they allow for checking the squid log file, but not really realtime.
You want _realtime_? and what do you want to do with it being realtime
anyway??

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel