Re: Bloody Fedora Installation! (again)

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:40:26 +1000, Edwin Humphries
<edwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now I've tried a C2 installation (on a dual-boot laptop on which
> Lycoris installed very smoothly), and all went badly - the dreaded
> couldn't read from media error. I tried GUI and text installs, and
> installs with mem=64M, nodma and noprobe settings, all with the same
> result.
> When is redhat going to fix anaconda so this doesn't happen?

Maybe I am expressing some ignorance here, as I have never heard of
the "dreaded couldn't read from media" error... a search of
bugzilla.redhat.com didn't turn anything up, either.

Assuming you are installing from CD-ROM... I would try 'linux
mediacheck' when you boot to the first CD, to test the installation
media.

--
---------
Ben Brown