Re: no more sound

Marc Bruggeman wrote:

Hello everybody,

sound on my PC has disappeared.. I am using FC2, Gnome environment and
sound has always been working OK. A couple of days ago suddenly my PC
went mute. When starting XMMS (or any other multimedia application I have
installed) it starts up all right without error reports but no more
sounds. Only when I try to adjust the sound level via the Volume
Control I get the following message : "Sorry, no mixer elements and/or
devices found"

The hardware browser still recognizes the sound card hardware, So I
guess nothing is wrong with that.

My question is : How can I or what should I do to get sounds again on my
computer ?

Thanks for any advice/help,
Marc

Hey Marc, have you tried running system-config-sound again?

Regards,
Ed.