Re: Japanese Support on Fedora Core 2

Raymond C. Rodgers wrote:
About a month ago, I installed FC2 over my RedHat 9 installation, and
discovered that both Mozilla and Firefox crashed right away when viewing
one of my favorite sites (http://www.megatokyo.com ) I didn't figure out
what was causing this crash until now: the Japanese character support.

While I was attempting to get a machine translation of something from
English to Japanese via various web sites, I noticed that Mozilla 1.7.2
and Firefox 0.9 were continuing to crash and only when I visited a site
that had Japanese characters. As a test, I requested
http://www.nec.co.jp and watched Mozilla crash immediately. Is there a
problem with the support for the language in FC2 or when migrating from
RH9?

Hi Raymond,

My FC1 (I'll try FC2 when I get home from work) Moz 1.7.2 was able to hit both of the sites above without a problem. Can you run:

strace mozilla http://www.megatokyo.com

in a terminal to see if there is any data that might help troubleshoot?

I don't have Firefox on this particular machine to try it out with that browser here, but will let you know later from my FC2 box (I've got both Moz and Firefox on the home machine).

Clint