Re: Motherboard for Fedora server

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good, stable and fast motherboard with onboard
graphic, ethernet and raidcontroller for running Red Hat Linux Fedore
Core.

If you are speaking about an "internet server" you mean a reliable
webserver. Then either pay for a real hardware RAID controller - PATA /
SATA by 3ware or SCSI by ICP Vortex (supported by Linux) - or rely on
Linux software RAID. Those onboard RAID controller functions are
marketing gags and technically not worth the trouble.

I think you then can keep your Intel board you have now.

Best regards - Tim

Alexander

I have an ASUS board with RAID (supported and recognized by FC1) but I found that md was better. I will echo Alexander here and state that if you want a "real" raid system then purchase a 3Ware card or get a SCSI card. The extra cost will be well worth it. Note that SCSI is much more expensive but more reliable. I am planning on building a RAID multimedia server using SATA and a 3Ware card.

-- Robin Laing