Re: email server question

Thanks All,

Your help has been greatly appreciated.

I hope to contribute more in helping people on the list as well in the future.

Thanks and have a great day,
Lonnie

Paul Howarth wrote:

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 17:03, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:

Good Morning all,

Wwll, I have now gotten to my email server from the outsite but am still getting:

MailEnable: Message Delivery Failure.

[SMTP:lonnie@xxxxxxxxxxx]: Remote SMTP Server Returned: 550 5.7.1 <lonnie@xxxxxxxxxxx>... Relaying denied

What do I need to do to fixt this?

I am using dovecot and sendmail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

sendmail needs to know that outstep.com is a domain it should be accepting mail for. Add a line containing that domain name to /etc/mail/local-host-names then stop and restart sendmail.

Paul.