Re: Squirrelmail and Cyrus-Imap daemon

Lonnie Cumberland wrote:

After installing the the Fedora Core 2, which I must say is very good and I really like all of the work that everyone has done, I installed the Squirrelmail rpm along with the cyrus-imap daemon rpm.

The problem is that now I am getting am error message from squirrelmail when I go to my localhost/webmail and try to login which tells me that
"Unknown user or password incorrect."

Did I miss something in the configuration?

Cyrus-IMAPD is a enterprise capable IMAP solution. It takes some configuring to get things working the way that you want them. What will you be using your IMAPD solution for? If just yourself, I may not suggest Cyrus-IMAPD for that is kinda over kill... (although I do it because I like Cyrus-IMAPD)

Anyway, if you want to go down the Cyrus-IMAPD route why don't you start by displaying your /etc/imapd.conf file so that we can make sure it is set up correctly.