KDE and GNOME don't get along

I just installed Fedora 2 on my system and I was disappointed that I couldn't find a graphical RPM interface, I know that KDE has a package manager so I used the add/remove apps function to add KDE to my installation. Well I wasn't just disappointed fo find that the fedora version of KDE didn't have a package manager, but when as soon as I logged in I was bombarded with error messages All of them related to various applets of the COBRA system. currently KDE is working without sound, and GNOME loads without sound, or any of the standard desktop/panel icons (ie all desktop icons showup as generic piecs of paper). Any help would be appriciated.