Re: selinux version

Michael Dykman wrote:
I have 2 Fedora Core 2 installations: one is a clean install and the
second is an upgrade from a RedHat 9.  While I keep both of them
up2date, I have noticed that during up2date sessions, the updated box
shows a warning message '/etc/security/selinux/file_contexts: No such
file or directory'

Investigation reveals that the file is, indeed not there.

You can fix that by installing the "policy" package. It gets forgotten about on upgrades but not in fresh installs.

> A further
check shows me that the same box has libselinux version 1.11.4-1 while
the cleanly installed one has 1.15.1-1.  The update monitor on both
boxes show that they are up2date with no ignored packages.

Can anyone give me idea what gives here?

No idea where the 1.15.1-1 version came from. FC2 only comes with 1.11.4-1 and there hasn't been an update released for it.

Paul.