gbuffy on FC2?

Has anyone been able to get gbuffy (multiple mail folder watcher, sort of like
Xmultibiff) working on FC2? It seems that for me at least, version 0.2.6 which
allows for sylpheed-mail directories to be also incorporated does not work.
Specifically, I can get it to recognize new mail in each of my folders but I
can not get it to pop up when my left mouse-button is pressed. I am therefore
wondering if anyone has got it to work on FC2?

I must mention that version 0.2.4 has this feature working just fine, but not
this one. (Indeed replacing the file count.c in the version 0.2.6 with the one
in 0.2.4 retrieves the functionality, but then sylpheed folders dont get
recognized any more.) Anyone has any experience with this?

By the way, for those interested, the programs are available at
http://www.fiction.net/blong/programs/gbuffy/

Thanks and best wishes!